I loved this post on the ‘Becky Says Things’ site (which you should check out).
My own reasons to be cheerful might differ from Becky’s, but it’s good to be reminded that they’re out there.
Oh, brave Listener. We’ve all had a bit of a rough time recently.
There are several reasons why we are all feeling a bit peeved, irked, and somewhat vexed:
1) It is February. February is an obnoxiously depressing month, it knows it, and it doesn’t care. February is insufferable.
2) We are still paying off our Christmas credit card bills. This is intolerable.
3) Our New Year’s resolution diet and exercise regimes have failed miserably and we are eating more doughnuts, peanut butter, and full fat milk than ever before to cope with the depression of February and Christmas credit card bills.
4) The couples amongst us have had a relationship-busting argument on Valentine’s Day, and the singletons amongst us have just been reminded that they are SINGLE and ALONE and destined to remain that way for the rest of their sorry lives.
5) There is nothing to look forward…
View original post 1,016 more words